Saturday, February 26, 2011

11 weeks. 2 days.

Yesterday I was driving home from work, and like most days I see planes fly over towards the airport, so it's not usually a big deal. But this time I was driving without the radio on, just kinda reflecting on my day and enjoying the silence. Then I looked up to see a plane fly over, not something out of the ordinary like I mentioned, but this time it caught my attention a little more than usual. I kinda got emotional as I saw it pass by because I started to think that almost a year ago I boarded a plane at an airport and left a very comfortable place, home, to be in a very uncomfortable place... poverty. I was sad because I miss it more than anything. I miss it more than I missed 'home' when I was there. I don't go a day without thinking about my sweet babies that I don't get to see every week anymore and wondering how they are, and thinking about how big and grown up they must be now. I miss them and I love them. There's alot that I miss about Africa... I miss being clueless about the languages, and trying to understand what anyone is saying. I miss being sandy all the time and having a horrible flip-flop tan. I miss not having the luxury's of America. I miss sweating in Church on Sunday mornings. I miss having my insides bounced around from the non-paved roads. And I miss spending time with my second family. But I think most of all I miss the friendships I made and the people I met.

I'm leaving for Africa in 11 weeks and 2 days... not that I'm counting or anything. :) But It couldn't get here any faster. I have been just so overwhelmed at how perfect God's plan is. As I see all the details coming together, I can't help but be excited because God has chose me to go, and He is sending me back 'home'.

I have SO much to do in these next couple of months!! Quite frankly it overwhelms me when I sit and think about it, but I'm taking it one step at a time. I have been praying about studying the Qur'an since I'm going back into a muslim country. I know the basics of Islam, but I want to better understand what their beliefs are. I told my roomate about it and a couple days later she happened to get an email from someone at her church about a 6 week bible study over understanding the Islamic faith. How convenient, right!?! So, we will actually be doing the study together, starting tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment