Saturday, December 25, 2010

Blessings and Skype.

Whew! It's been a month since i've last posted anything here. I have been a little discouraged lately about my "ministry" so I have failed to keep this updated. :( my apologies!

Well, so much has been going on recently. I just moved to start my new "college" life and am so excited about it! I have a great roomie who loves the Lord just as I do! That was a blessing. :) God has made this last week one of the most incredible and eye-opening week of my life! Like I said above, I've been a little discouraged about my ministry... well, God is starting to reveal Himself in that area again. Something I have been praying about since I left Africa in April is that God would deepen my heart for missions. I haven't even told about my journey to Africa yet, but i'll get to that eventually. :) I'm just too excited to share what God has been doing lately! Africa changed my whole life and I have been dying to be there since the very night I left. I miss my "family" from there more than ever, and all the kids who I had the pleasure to love on. I miss it being miserably hot every second of every day... as weird as that sounds. :) haha! I miss not having everything at my fingertips. I miss trying to speak to people who spoke a totally different language from me. And mostly, I miss being able to serve the Lord in Africa.
For the past 8 months I have prayed... begged, that God would send me back, or assure me that I would go back soon. He never did. I wasn't being very patient in His timing, I just wanted to go.
I eventually (like just recently) stopped begging Him to send me back, but began to pray that, if He would have me go, He would simply show me when He felt it was necessary to show me. And, HE DID!
I left home for my new apartment last week and during my absence from home I recieved a letter. This letter was from a very special person. I've never had the pleasure of actually meeting her, or her husband, but we have a unique relationship that I'm, oh, so grateful for. During my stay in Africa we recieved Christmas shoe boxes, yea, in April.. haha! but, anyways, I had to go through the box and explain each thing to the kids because they didn't know how to use most of what was in there. Well, I came across a box that had a letter. (most of them did) but this one stuck out to me, so I wrote down the address. When I got home I wrote to these amazing people and immediately recieved a letter back the very next week :) oh, a happy day! Anyways, we have written back and forth over the months... but this last letter I just recieved a few days ago was like a message God.
This lady, Rosalie, teaches Sunday school for kids where she lives, it's actually Friday school. They all sent me a letter with their names signed on it... the sweetest thing ever. :) Well, inside the kids letter was a letter from Rosalie... it said:
"Dear Kayla,
Hello! We hope you have been well. In my Friday class at Church with grades 1-6 we are having "Missionary of the Month"- to learn about and pray for. In Dec. it's you!"

I was completely speechless. Then God, in His quietness says: "I want you to go."
I was like, are you insane? I can't afford this. I just got an apartment and have to pay bills and pay for school and you want me to go??

Rosalie went on to explain about the kids. :) Then she ended with this: "We were blessed to recieve some extra income this fall from a family member so we would like to share part of our tithe with you for your next mission trip-whenever that may be." My mouth dropped and eyes teared up when I read it and God, again in His quietness said: "this is how... I will provide" I Immediately got this unexplanable peace. I know God has given me this heart for Africa, and I cannot wait to go back. I don't know when my next mission trip will be, but I am open and ready now for anything God has in store.

On another note: I got an unexpected call from my "family" in Africa today :) I have missed them so much and it was wonderful to get to talk to them!!

Well, this post has been long and I'm rather tired so I will leave it at that. :) I hope someone out there reads this.

Merry Christmas!

Love in Christ,
Kayla

No comments:

Post a Comment